Support Worker / Care Team Leader Child Care
2 days left
- Full Time
Support Worker and Care Team Leader Child Care
Salary: Care Worker - £21,200 - £22,864.00 pa Team Leader - £23,280 - £24,944 (Based on a 40 hour week)
We are a Therapeutic Community that provides an integrated package of therapeutic care, education and therapy for children and young people who have experienced trauma. The age range is 5 to 18 years.
Duties will include:
* working as part of a team to provide a 'secure' base that delivers consistent routines and nurturing boundaries;* * supporting young people to work through trauma and to make positive changes in their behavioural & emotional difficulties with the objective of integrating them back into mainstream provisions;
* catering for the individual day to day child care; recreational; health and general development needs of the young people;
* serving as a key-worker and an advocate;
* administrative tasks.
* ideally will have experience of working with challenging behaviour;
* Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Workforce with Children & Young People or a willingness to undertake this qualification;
* ability to work with and understand trauma and the associated therapeutic needs with the empathy and commitment to enable these young people to recover from trauma and reach their potential;
* ability & willingness to undertake diverse and comprehensive training;
* ability to work within a team, sharing knowledge & learning together;
* driving licence would be an advantage.
* Ferndearle is very active in supporting career development;
* Ferndearle provides a considerable amount of training including ongoing therapeutic child care based on psychodynamic/systemic/attachment theory and practice.
Salary: dependent upon qualifications and experience
The hours of work are based on a shift pattern with up to 2 sleep ins per week
Please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.
Apply for Support Worker / Care Team Leader Child Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly