Specialist Skills Instructor (Plumbing), PROCAT, Basildon
Job Purpose: To work with an allocated caseload of students/apprentices and employers to effectively plan and carry out appropriate assessment, coaching and training activities both in the workplace and simulated environments.
- To plan, prepare and deliver assessments of competence which meet the Ofsted criteria for 'Good' or better including the development of relevant resources
- To ensure accurate assessment and progressive feedback of learners' work against criteria
- To work with employers, developing a training needs analysis which translates into further programmes
- Mapping of relevant awarding body assessment criteria to the employees workplace activity in conjunction with the employer and other relevant stakeholders
- Support the implementation of IAG, employer engagement and student progression
- To ensure the student's work place environment is safe and secure with adherence to relevant health and safety risk assessments
- Create, maintain and analyse accurate data in relation to learners.
- Produce effective, accurate and current records to ensure that all parties are clear where each student is at any given time and how to progress further
- To respond to and support students' additional needs with referral on to appropriate parties
- To embed and promote British Values and support and respond sensitively and empathically to student disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding.
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Achievement of key performance indicators as directed by Programme Manager (achievement, pass rates, retention and attendance)
- Observations/learning walks are at required standard or above
- Learner satisfaction at 90% or above with a clear understanding of the benefits of obtaining the skills relevant to the course
- All students on caseload have required number of assessments per academic year
- Fully developed training plan in conjunction with named employers
- All students on caseload have a plan of their learner journey from beginning to end and beyond
How outputs will be achieved:
- Develop planning for individualised learning and assessment which in-turn leads to the delivery of active and engaged learning working with relevant personnel within the faculty
- Fully implement tracking systems, monitor and complete, sharing with all stakeholders to ensure that learners understand fully what needs to happen to achieve and exceed their targets
- To contribute to reviews/progression data/registers and any other associated reports to inform both internally and externally in a timely way
- Plan and deliver appropriate assessments in accordance with awarding body criteria and work related outcomes
- Work with associated parties to ensure that where support is in place this is highlighted within planning and shared in a timely manner to enable students to exceed their aspirations.
- Embed English, maths, ICT into planning and delivery working with vocational areas to ensure learning is relevant
- Working alongside relevant stakeholders to ensure the relevant opportunities to fulfil the assessment of competence
- Participate and fully engage in CPD working, both relevant to industry and education, on identified areas for improvement as evidenced through learning walks, observations and college areas for improvement
- Working with all relevant parties on the student's journey including IAG
- Working alongside relevant stakeholders mapping training needs analysis to relevant courses and qualifications ensuring financial viability
- Working with awarding bodies and lead IQA, developing the assessment framework to ensure compliance and continual high standards
- Min L3 Trade Qualification, Knowledge of Framework, AI/IV.
- Demonstrate recent installation, servicing and maintenance competence within Air-Con and Refrigeration Including design.
- Understanding of the standard practices and operational procedures within the air-con refrigeration industry.
- F-gas qualified.
- Broad range of technical knowledge and experience within Air-Con and Refrigeration
- Industry experience of the area being taught of at least 5 years.
The post holder should embody our core values of Professionalism, Equality, Integrity and Accountability. Applicants will be required during the interview process to demonstrate how their skills/competencies meet the requirements for the role, and how they share our core values.