Breakfast Club Assistant Teaching/Child Support - Part-time
Start Date: Sep 2017
The popular Beehive Before and After School Club at Bredgar CEP School is looking for a club assistant. Bredgar CEP School will be part of the Potential in Everyone Academy Trust from September 2017. The club are looking for another friendly, caring person to work as part of the staff team to provide our children with a home from home, fun and enjoyable experience.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Beehive Club Supervisor to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for our children. We believe that knowing our children and their families well is central to developing relationships that enable the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of the children to be met.
The successful applicant must:
- be prepared to show regard to the Christian character of the school and be willing to support the school's ethos and values.
- Hold a NVQ3 (or equivalent) play work qualification (or be willing to train and already have experience of caring for children)
- have good communication skills and can consistently use the correct grammatical structure of the English language.
- have good interpersonal skills and be able to liaise effectively with parents.
- be enthusiastic toward providing a wide range of activities that reflect the interests of the children
- have relevant first aid, food hygiene and health and safety qualifications or be willing to attend training
- be willing to adopt the school's policies, procedures and practices.
Putting the safety of our children is of paramount importance. Bredgar Church of England Primary School is committed to KCC Safeguarding Procedures and employment will be subject to satisfactory references which will be required prior to interview and an Enhanced CRB Disclosure before starting employment.
The vacancy is for 5 morning and afternoon sessions per week. The morning session is from 7.30am until 8.45am and the afternoon is from 3pm until 5.30pm. The pay range is KR2 (GBP14,856 per year). This vacancy equates to GBP517.36 per month (gross). We invite prospective candidates to contact the school office from 1st September to make an appointment to view our school.
Closing Date: 08/09/2017 at 10:00
Interviews: 12th September 2017
Information about the school
Bredgar Church of England Primary School is a small rural school with 104 pupils on roll. The village is exceptionally beautiful and provides an idyllic environment for our children. In February 2017, Ofsted confirmed that the school continues to be good, with children who display excellent learning and social behaviours and an ethos and culture of nurturing pupils. The Diocese SIAMS inspection in March 2017 found that the school continues to be an outstanding church school. Our friendly staff are fully committed and work hard as a team, raising standards of achievement for all pupils.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.