Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Full Time
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Our client is a successful privately owned commercial laundry. Based in Clacton, Essex, they process over a million pieces of laundry each week employing circa 250 people. They have a significant customer base servicing small owner operators to multinational groups including hotels, restaurants and gyms.
Due to significant expansion in recent years the company is looking for Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
The Current vacancy is full time. 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, 5-on 2-off rolling shift. After full training and all trial periods it will change to 12hours 4 on 4off rolling shift. You may be asked to work overtime.
- Are you an apprentice trained multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer?
- Are you qualified to HNC/BTEC or an equivalent in the electrical or mechanical discipline?
- Do you have experience within the commercial laundry sector or other laundry engineering environment?
- Do you possess excellent fault finding skills and are you able to demonstrate experience of planned and reactive maintenance work with basic PLC knowledge?
- Are you self-motivated, a good team player and have the ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently?
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following - hydraulics, steam, pneumatics, boilers, welding, electrical, electronic, PLC, mechanical, pumps, motors, etc.
- Would you like to join a Laundry Group with an impeccable reputation as an employer and with genuine career prospects?
- Are you interested in gaining new skills? Solving technical challenges?
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency
- To document all breakdowns and repairs into the computerised Spidex system in the database.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when required.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all the statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.
- Assisting in the Installation and Commissioning of Equipment.
- Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor or Manager.
- Ability to work shifts, including weekend work, cover breakdown call outs, overtime.
In return for your commitment they offer a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers.
Remuneration to be negotiated in line with skills but you should be expecting to earn £30k + DOE following a review after 3 months.
- Well established with an excellent reputation within the laundry industry.
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Supplying linen to all of the major multiple hotels and restaurants in the London & South East of the UK.
If you have skilled engineering knowledge with an electrical bias, logical problem solving abilities, able to work under you own intitive and have the drive to learn new skills send your CV and a covering letter by using the apply button provided.
Closing Date for applications: 30th September 2017.
Apply for Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly