Purchasing Assistant (Initially Part- time)
5 days left
- Part Time
Purchasing Assistant, East Sussex, circa £18,000
Initially Part Time , permanent contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part Time Purchasing Assistant to join a growing, successful and innovative company based in East Sussex. This may lead to a full time position over time.
The company is a specialist manufacturer and global supplier of vacuum based tubes and camera systems for photon detection. They are experts in large area and ultra-high speed imaging and advanced photon counting camera systems.
The Purchasing Assistant has primary responsibility for progressing purchase orders. This role will also involve all other administration tasks carried out in the department.
- Be responsible for placing PO's in a timely manner
- Manage purchases for consumables stock and ensure replenishment orders are placed in a timely manner
- Plan appropriate quotes and purchases for standard production items to ensure parts are available to meet product on-time delivery
- Gather approvals, then raise and issue purchase orders to suppliers in good time
- Maintain and develop a good working relationship with our suppliers, working with the Materials Manager to foster continuous improvement in their performance.
- Highlight poor supplier performance to the Materials Manager and Quality Manager so that appropriate remedial action may be taken.
- Manage the process for items being returned to suppliers due to poor quality, raising returns and new orders on Sage as appropriate.
- Complete purchase order acknowledgments and work with suppliers to minimise late deliveries, looking at purchase order priorities with the materials manager as necessary
Works orders and General Administration
- Raise work orders.
- Pick parts for works orders and issue to production or test staff as/when required.
- Receive deliveries, unpack and book goods in; raise QA paperwork
- Carry out stock checks
- Handle customer returns
- Preparing paperwork for shipping
The role is 18.75 hours per week, from Monday to Friday. It may lead to a full time position over time.
Essential Skills and knowledge required:
- Basic and intermediate skills with Excel spreadsheets (data analysis)
- Use of Office PC software (Excel, Word and email)
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent personal organisation and planning skills
- Ability to manage work load during the day on varied activities
- Ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales whilst maintaining high attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt
Desirable skills and qualifications required:
- Use and understanding of MPS/MRP systems (preferably Sage)
- Worked in a manufacturing company
- Sage Manufacturing (especially Sage 200) software
- Experience of Sage or other purchasing software systems
- Maths and English at ‘O' level or GCSE level grade C or better
- Purchasing, planning, negotiation qualifications
- Experience in a purchasing/buying department
In-house training will be provided.