6 days left
- Part Time
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a Supplier Auditor to join our team in Folkestone. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis working 21 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary £34,000 - £40,000 pro rata plus benefits.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
Saga Plc requires a Supplier Auditor to support the finance department responsible for Acromas Insurance Company Limited (AICL), the group’s Gibraltar based underwriting entity and CHMC Limited (Calimfast), a credit hire and accident management company. Flexible working arrangements can be offered if required.
About the Supplier Auditor role:
Within this role you will deliver the existing supplier audit programme. The companies have a sizable list of suppliers with the key among them delivering substantial contracts. From supporting the initial supplier due diligence process to carrying out and reporting on audit findings the aim is to identify and reduce supplier risk. Beyond this the role will require a commercial approach that seeks to add business value by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency, processes or structures.
We are looking for a self-starter with good initiative and the ability to work independently without constant oversight. The role may require the occasional overnight stay when visiting suppliers therefore the use of own car and driving licence is desirable.
Key responsibilities as our Supplier Auditor:
In this role you will be expected to work with the TP Review Group to agree and deliver the supplier audit programme, focusing on financial risk and control you will ensure fit for purpose in the timely identification and management of supplier risks. This will include;
- Development of a risk profiling/prioritisation schedule for company suppliers to enable efficient allocation of resources
- Maintaining and enhancing the schedule of suppliers to enable up to date oversight of the programme (includes regular credit checking, review of statutory accounts and recording of basic financial and audit outcomes)
- Support of the Financial Due Diligence process in relation to prospective suppliers
You will also deliver supplier audits which will include:
- Building links with suppliers to create a constructive on-going audit relationship
- Gaining an understanding of the suppliers’ activities, the interactions/relationship with AICL/CHMC, the levels of risk involved and the identification of any key processes/documents to test
- Where required you will carry out testing to verify accuracy and controls (Walk through testing, IT/authorisation controls, substantive testing of specific transactions and reconciliation of respective AP/AR balances). This will also include, where relevant, utilising large data sets to isolate inconsistencies and errors
Overall, you will work with the finance department to deliver the supplier audit programme and develop a relationship with operational management to dovetail financial audits with operational audits via involvement with the T P Review Group.
Experience and skills required of our Supplier Auditor:
- Experience of internal/external audit to audit senior level
- Ability to introduce structure and processes where required
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills
- Experience of building excellent working relationships, with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- IT skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- A disciplined and systematic approach to planning and delivering
So if you would like to join our team as our new Supplier Auditor then please click ‘apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Apply for Supplier Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly