Due to imminent retirement our client is looking to recruit for the important position of “Toolroom Manager” to manage their modern fully equipped Toolroom based in Folkestone, Kent.
This position is absolutely critical to the on-going success of this well established business and this is reflected in the candidate requirements and the remuneration package on offer, the position will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Overall control & management of all Toolmakers & Machinists.
- Job planning & Progress reporting to meet stringent timelines.
- Responsible for the output of quality Tooling on-time & on-cost.
- Purchasing of all items required including steels, hot runner systems, ancillaries as well as general Toolroom consumables.
- Required to give positive Design for Manufacture input at tool design stage.
- Staff management & discipline.
- Health & Safety issues.
- Recruitment &Management of Apprentices.
- Customer Liason.
- Troubleshooting Tooling & Moulding issues.
- Reporting directly to the site Director.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive and recent background in new tooling manufacture in both a hands-on and management/Supervisory capacity, he/she will need to be fully computer literate particularly in the use of MS Office and MS Project and a working knowledge of a CAD system would be preferential but not essential as training could be given, knowledge of the Injection Moulding process would also be an advantage.
Due to the dynamic nature of the business & customer base the ideal candidate must be a person with strong interpersonal skills who is able to make correct decisions often under pressure and one who is capable of working with and bringing out the best of our client’s Team of Skilled Engineers.
For the right candidate our client offers:
- Salary Paid Monthly by BACS.
- 25 days holiday per year (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Private Healthcare.
- Salary £40K+ depending on experience.
So if you feel like you’re the Time Toolroom Manager to join our client in this exciting opportunity, then please send in your CV with a covering letter, listing your experience by clicking the APPLY button today!
Apply for Toolroom Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly